You may not realize it, but hard water can be harmful and inconvenient. A water softener can add value to your home and make your daily routine a little bit easier. Many homeowners report being satisfied with their systems and all of the benefits they offer. If you’re interested, Craftsman Plumbing Company is serving O’Fallon and the Lake Saint Louis area with a wide array of residential home plumbing services!
Enjoy bottled water quality straight out of the tap with water filtration installation.
Signs You Have a Hard Water Problem
Not sure if you have hard water, or if your situation warrants the installation of a home water softener? Take a look at these signs that a softening system is recommended:
- Dishes and glassware have a filmy appearance or have spots that won’t go away.
- Faucets and fixtures have limescale build-up.
- Your skin feels itchy after washing, or your hair feels dry and brittle.
- Your clothes look dull coming out of the laundry; white clothing looks discolored or gray.
- Appliances (such as coffee makers and ice makers) become clogged with mineral deposits.
Benefits of Home Water Softener Installation
With a new water softener in place, you will notice that:
- Makes cleaning around the home much easier. Without the minerals in hard water to interfere, dishes and glassware become spot-free when rinsed.
- Appliances such as irons, dishwashers, ice makers, and coffee makers stay cleaner and work more efficiently without the corrosive effects of hard water.
- Improved skin and hair with regular use. Soaps and shampoos work more effectively with softened water, leading to increased lather. What’s more, your hair will look shinier and your skin smoother.
- Are your clothes looking dingy from hard water washing? These systems will give your clothes a brighter look after every wash.
Don’t risk water damage from a leak! Call us for water line repairs with upfront pricing.
Maintaining Your Water Softener
At Craftsman Plumbing Company, we emphasize preventative maintenance when possible to maximize your investment and minimize the amount of money you spend on repairs and other remedial measures. That’s why our experts can complete your maintenance services on a regularly scheduled basis to ensure everything is working like it should for a long time to come.
Most of these last for several years with very little maintenance. Most of the maintenance involves refilling the brine tank about every eight weeks with salt, depending on how often your system regenerates. When the water in the tank is above the salt, you will know it’s time for a refill. Other simple tasks you can perform to keep your softener in good condition include checking for leaks and making sure the regeneration cycle is working properly.